Saturday, November 19, 2011

Why are girls in their early 20's so insecure?

I'm not saying i'm perfect, i'm human and every now %26amp; then i'll have insecurities but i wouldn't let them take over and allow myself to be an insecure person - there's a difference. What if noticed lately is that girls in their early 20's are just as insecure/sensitive as high school girls? It is me or is that the case?





I'm a 21 yr old full time student - I just got accepted into my major. I have many friends but only 2-3 true, close ones. I don't go out and party and get me a** drunk at bars or clubs though there are some occasions where i'll drink and there are other ways i can "have fun" and relax. My main focus is to get my degree in healthcare so I can have a good career (w. a good paycheck) when i'm 23-24. I have many more goals i would LOVE to achieve and i believe that, that's time i'll let loose and really have fun. I don't want to be in a relationship b/c I feel i'm too young and i have more important priorities right now. Relationships are hard work and theres no room in my schedule. I'm fine/okay/happy being a young, single student. I don't need a man/stupid girl friends that show off at clubs or pics on myspace to be happy. I'm dealing w. sooo many girl friends that are like that tho:





- there's the girl that just broke up w. her high school bf and is an insecure mess. Always wanting me to go to bars w. her every weekend, in a relationsihp w. a guy she just met for a week, gives attitude if she doesn't get her way, and gets all her insecurities and takes it out on me.





- there's the girl w. the ego who thinks she's "better" than me b/c of her insecurities. she knows she has better grades but rather than doing goals, she TALKS more. Very arrogant and cocky and is motivated by jealousy. Has a crab mentatlity - if i were to accomplish a big goal in my life, she would respond by bringing herself up or bringing me down.





- then, there's the girl who gets to fulfil the secret desire to be the popular girl in high school...except she's in college. She's befriends everyone around her and beyond to get that acceptance and gossip to keep "fresh" in the game. She exaggerates more on the negative gossip of her friends to replenish the crap in her life. Believes she's a good friend and mutual when conflict goes down but tends to be biased/one sided.





Seriously, is it me that's weird or are girls just like this?

Why are girls in their early 20's so insecure?
Hi, you sound like you have a very good head on your shoulders, and it's refreshing to hear someone your age talk this way. I don't know if it's so much the majority of girls in their early 20's who act this way, because I know women who are older (30 and up) who STILL act in the ways you described. (Sad, isn't it?)


I think some females are just this way, catty. I'm not saying all, but the majority of females I've been friends with have all been this way; reading your descriptions of these girls you know was kind of like reading about people I have known in my life.


All you can really do is keep doing what you're doing. Maybe keep yourself even more busy with your own stuff,so you don't have as much time for them or their immaturity, and meet some friends who are not this way.


Good luck to you in all that you do, I'm sure you will be a success in life : )
Reply:You are VERY smart to stick to your plan of getting an education, a well paying career, etc. first. I've only been at college for a year now, but 99.99999999% of the girls I meet are like what you have described!





Its as if education and goals are a second priority to going out on friday nights or talking about which girl tried to steal whose bf. I thought I left that immature bullshit drama back in high school...apparently not.





Its so depressing for a guy who wants a relationship with someone who is smart, goal oriented, and doesnt have to be a whore to feel good about herself.





haha I probably didnt answer your question, but just wanted to say that I hope to run into someone like you (but closer to my age) on campus :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment